Pitch University Case Studies take you step-by-step through Pitch and Query creation. (And they're 100% free.)
If you believe that...
- studying examples that already work doesn't help,
- using craft-of-writing techniques makes sense yet it still doesn't work,
- your book is too complex to "sum up,"
- you don't know which details to leave out,
- the more work you do, the "flatter" your pitch or query feels,
- and it just sucks no matter what anyone says...
... You're in for a treat!
From Pitch U founder, Diane Holmes: "I'm writing these to share with you, because it's what I wish I'd had all those years I banged my head on writing pitches and queries for my very complex novels. I took classes and workshops, read books and articles, and tried over and over and over to come up with something that worked. What I needed was to see something transform from sucking to awesome."
What you'll find:
* Diane's indepth work with a single writer, from "problem pitch" to a pitch that actually works.
* The pitch and query we actually start with.
* The exact conversation, questions, and steps through both pitch and query discovery. Multiple versions of pitches and queries, and their corrections.
* Exploration of shorter and shorter versions, to determine which length is most effective.
* Feedback from an Agent to guide re-work.
* Final versions.
* Updates as the pitches and queries are used in the real world.
First, Sign up for The Monthly Pitch, the official Pitch U newsletter where we'll announce all our new Case Studies, plus feature updates from agents, editors, and the writers using the pitches and queries we create in the real world.
Journal of Pitching Illustrative Case Study 01: Natalie Markey, YA Fantasy, "Tri-World Chronicles: Destiny."
Journal of Pitching Illustrative Case Study 02: Taylor Lunsford, Regency Romance, "The Warrior Groom."